What is CATpool?
CATpool is a unique business
community and data collaboration system consisting of:
- Very comprehensive application software to administrate, automatically
generate, distribute and use any kind of product data, product catalog
content and finished product catalogs comprising of:
- Product Content Management System (PCM) Elestore,
which is used by the head office of the Philips
group of companies in Holland to administrate around
1 million products
- Article Information System (AIS) for sales and use at the POS
- Communication software for automatic data exchange between business
- POS product enquiry software
- Different software products for making multiple use of the product
- Software products for database publishing to paper, e-paper and
- The central data pool with product catalogs and all detailed article
data contained in product catalogs
- A new type of data communication system connecting manufacturers and
dealers in many industries simplifying their daily business collaboration
from data exchange to business processes
- Services like the permanent update service or communication via direct
data exchange etc.
The CATpool software enables manufacturers and dealers to produce their
own product catalogs, price lists or web sites for paper, e-paper or HTML
and to exchange all needed data with one another.
For data users like dealers CATpool offers all the article data and catalog
contents needed to make their own publications, product catalogs, flyers,
price lists and web sites as well as to create detailed quotes with a
"quote catalog" explaining all mentioned products in detail.
CATpool data, software and update services
are free for all and especially SME,
Small or Medium Enterprises, profit from even more free software.
We practice a new license
model: The smaller the member company the more is free. Read here
about our motivation.
What means "CATpool"?
CATpool stands for "catalog and data pool"
- it's simply the CATalog
Who is behind CATpool?
CATpool is operated by a small and privately owned German software house
managed by its German owner and located in Eastern Europe. We work with
God but without stock holders, banks, or venture capital and we have no
interest in the products or markets that CATpool serves! We guarantee
that CATpool will always stay:
- Completely neutral i.e. never influenced by any product-related market
- Open to all data and catalog publishers and data and catalog users.
- Free for all in all core features with special privileges for SME
- Small or Medium-Sized Enterprises.
CATpool must spread by word of mouth and the
Normally, such a project would be promoted by a large marketing budget
that the investors expect to be retuned quickly and multiple times. This
is not the case here.
CATpool must be spread by word of mouth, by being promoted by its members
and by the many advantages brought to all the members. These times require
new concepts and new solutions both in products and in the way how they
are marketed and we want to stay away from money greedy investor and venture
Join CATpool now...